Thursday, February 25, 2010

i'll pay good money to see DJ Richard Gear

This year Houston's Free Press Summerfest is Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6. And hell yes I'll be there.

I can't even remember how I stumbled upon their website last summer. It was probably the result of hours and hours of trolling the internet mindlessly while at work because wow, do you even realize how boring the library is in the summer months? Even more than normal. Yea. Anyway I found out about Summerfest and decided to go because, hey, why the hell not? So Mitch came to College Station, and from there we made the trek to Houston. The park it's held in is literally at the foot of downtown Houston and the view is incredible. Sitting in a beautiful, grassy, sunshine-y park with rolling hills, thousands of people, all kinds of music playing at the same time, local artisan booths everywhere, hippies running around advertising free hugs...it was ridiculous. And I loved it. I loved sitting on those hills that Saturday night, listening to Explosions in the Sky and letting their music completely wash over me. The lights from downtown were so close you could almost touch them, creating a surreal industrial backdrop in such a natural setting.

This morning I made the mistake of looking up this year's dates as soon as I got to work. Needless to say, even though it's months and months away, I spent the better part of this morning: a. being excited, b. sending out emails and texts to people I thought might want to also go, and c. being really really excited. It feels good to know I'm going back and even better to have something like that to look forward to. I can't wait for June!

In case anyone's interested, here's their http://www.freepresssummerfest.com/line_up.html.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...