Thursday, July 22, 2010

grownup problems and other nonsense

Job hunting is a major drag.

I had a meeting on Tuesday with the bigshot HR director of a the school district I currently live in (a friend of a family member called in a favor, no shame), and it went splendidly. But there are no jobs. This country is just overrun with teachers, and I'm, let's be honest, starting to panic. I sat there for an hour, answered all the interview questions as honestly and intelligently as a I could and received amazing feedback. She said I was spot on. She said it was clear I have raw talent, that I'm intuitive, that I have what makes the difference between a good teacher and a great teacher. And while all this should encourage me, it frustrates me instead.

If I'm "born to be a teacher," if I'm doing everything right...




...then what's wrong?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...