Monday, April 29, 2013

for the moments i feel faint

I'm in the middle of packing right now and I stumbled across a note I wrote to myself a few months ago.  My initial instinct was just to throw it away along with all the other papers and notes and miscellaneous receipts I keep for no real reason whatsoever.  But then I stopped and read it.

And re-read it.

And damn if it didn't make me feel better.

So, for the moments I feel faint, I'll try to keep in mind everything it says.





  • "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in You." - Isaiah 26:3

EVERYTHING is OKAY!

  • it's just shark week
  • THERE IS NO REAL DANGER!  THERE IS NO REAL THREAT!
  • it's just ALL-OR-NOTHING THINKING!
  • given enough time, everything works out :)
  • be COMPASSIONATE
  • people are going to say, do, think, and feel whatever they want -- it's NOT MY FAULT and there's NOTHING I CAN DO TO CHANGE THEM; all I can do is be the best version of myself NO MATTER WHAT!
  • "Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction.  BREAK THE HABIT. Talk about your joys." - Rita Schiano
  • don't overthink it - just let it go :)
  • "NOTHING is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles." - Charlie Chaplin
  • give myself a break; allow myself to accept and feel uncomfortable emotions and positively, healthily, maturely DEAL WITH THEM
  • I don't have to always get it right, and that's okay
  • "When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher [and stronger] than I." - Psalm 61:2
  • "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain for the old order of things has passed away." - Revelation 21:4
  • "DAUGHTER, be of good COMFORT for your faith makes you WHOLE!" - Matthew 9:22

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...