Tuesday, March 23, 2010

good day, sunlight

I'd like to say how truly bright you are
You don't know me, but I know you
See, you're my favorite star
Falalallow you I will, so let's get moving


"Who Needs Shelter" by Jason Mraz is the song that wakes me up every morning. I love the words and his breezy voice. The only downside is that now whenever I hear it, no matter the time of day, I think of early mornings and snooze buttons. Sorry, Jason.


By your clock, the cock rooster crows & off to work then everybody goes
Slow, but eventually they get there

Who needs shelter when the morning's coming?
Absolutely there's no one
Who needs shelter from the sun?
Not me
, no, not anyone


Personally I'm an enormous Jason Mraz fan. Mostly of his older stuff, Waiting For My Rocket To Come and Mr. A-Z being my favorite of his albums. He's so mellow and quirky but can jam so hard. If you haven't heard many of his songs or if you've only heard his radio hits such as Lucky or I'm Yours, I highly recommend the following badass jams:

The Boy's Gone (it's in my Top 5 Favorite Songs of all time)
Plane
Mr. Curiosity
I'll Do Anything
O, Lover
Song For A Friend
Sleep All Day

Now that I listen to my iPod while I tend to the tedious task of inputting invoice after invoice, Jason's music is even more delightful than usual. His voice, his words, his sound transport me to such a place of peace and happiness.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...