Wednesday, March 24, 2010

timing

savannah, i hope to be there by the morning
and see this pining all transforming into the arms of the georgia sun
savannah, our backs support by a hammock
we sum up perfection like a handbook and god knows it all too well


At a later date I'll make a post simply about how Relient K is my very favorite band in the whole wide world, but for now I'll leave it at this: it's amazing to me how Relient K's albums have always provided me with whatever it was I have needed at the time they've been released. Isn't that incredible?

baby, i spent my life wondering
wondering when i'd find you
i searched for all these years & now you're right here
and i need you to know that
everything makes sense when you're with me


A few recent examples include my obsession with Five Score & Seven Years Ago (to be track specific, Must've Done Something Right) during my first go-round with love, The Nashville Tennis EP (track specific: Curl Up & Die, There Was No Thief ) during a difficultly sad summer, The Birds & the Bee Sides (track specific: Up and Up, Nothing Without You, Hope For Every Fallen Man) and Forget & Not Slow Down (track specific: all) the fall I came back to life. I love every album because they're all so unique with such different sounds, but the two I can still blast for days are The Nashville Tennis EP/The Birds & the Bee Sides and Forget & Not Slow Down. Just awesome music with even better lyrics.

savannah, walk out into the sultry evening
cotton breathing when the sea winds brush the hair down around your neck
savannah, you hold my hand like it's the first time
and all the feelings that our hearts find will be just what we expect


The trio Oasis/Savannah/Baby has always struck a chord with me, and I've been hooked all day. I keep waiting to grow tired of these songs, but it just doesn't seem to happen. :)

baby, it's all that i can do to thank you
'cause every time you wrapped those arms around me, i felt i was home

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...