Wednesday, March 3, 2010

joshua radin

Lately I've figured out that when I work while listening to my iPod, I enjoy it a teensy bit more (because let's face it, data entry isn't exactly a blast). Today I've been listening to a lot of Joshua Radin because a. it kept coming up on Shuffle and b. I have a lot of his music. One of my favorites by him is "You Got Growing Up To Do" (demo verions WITHOUT Patty Griffin). It's just Josh and his guitar, and it's just lovely. Perhaps give it a listen.


I've been down this road before.
I walk out the door, leave you on the floor.
Sometimes you run & hide.
Your foolish pride's what keeps me from giving you more.

So the best thing I can give to you is for me to go,
Leave you alone 'cause you got growing up to do.

Some day I'll return when it's time for payment in kind.
The church bells will chime.
You'll stand before me surrounded by lights, dressed in white.
You'll throw flowers in the air this night.

But the best thing I can give to you is for me to go,
And leave you alone.
You got growing up to do.

Looks like the rain's pouring down on me.
It's drowning me now and all I want is to come back home.
This old corduroy coat is not keeping me dry, but
I can't think of what else to try.

That's why the best thing I can give to you is for me to go,
Leave you alone.
You got growing up to do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...