Sunday, October 3, 2010

october ushers in fall favorites :)

With October comes the reemergence of some of my absolute fall favorites. I'm thrilled that we're regularly experiencing temperatures in the 70s (however, I am not thrilled by my bout with the flu), and that it's once again time for my third favorite season of the year (ahem, summer and spring will always have my heart).


First and foremost, motherfucking CANDY CORN. Haters gon' hate, but candy corn is delicious and October-y and ahhhhhhhh I love it so much. :)

(photo credit)
The Cocomotion. Thanks, Mom, for buying this hot chocolate maker for me several Christmases ago. It has been one of the best presents I've ever received. Plus, it makes PERFECT hot chocolate. Not too hot, not too cold. Just right.


(photo credit)
These Fossil boots make me swoon. They are definitely on my Christmas list. Any takers?


(photo credit)
Also from Fossil, this birdie scarf. I want. ASAP.


(photo credit)
While we're on birds, I've been obsessed with this bird pillow from Urban Outfitters for months. In fact...I can't remember why I haven't just bought it yet...



(photo credit)
Urban Outfitter's Swedish Landscape patchwork quilt. I want to curl up under this and read a book.



(photo credit: me!)
Last but not least, Grapevine Lake. As much as I always love it, I think I love it most during fall. After the relentless heat of summer, the cool breezes and falling leaves on rocking docks refresh me in a way nothing else can. My dog, Clark Kent, and I take walks in the early evenings so I can sit on concrete picnic tables while she sniffs the surf and eats driftwood. It's absolute peace, and I have yet to find another place on earth quite like it.


Welcome, fall! I love you and thanks for finally coming around. :)

1 comment:

Alex said...

CANDY CORN!! NOM NOM NOM.
I have never in my life heard of the cocomotion, but I need one immediately!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...