Friday, April 23, 2010

admittedly

Admittedly this hasn't been one of my best weeks.

That's not to say, however, that in the grand scheme of things it's been one of my worst. Definitely not. It's just been
an off week, one of those weeks where you can't stop waking up late and can't seem to do anything right. It all started with my Tuesday breakdown-cryfest over finances, prompted by my realization that not only can I not afford to move out (EVER) but I also can't afford to make half the weekend visits I planned on over the next three months. So long, Elizabeth's wedding. Maybe next year, Houston pub crawl. Sigh. Gas is just too expensive and I was going to be buying up to ELEVEN TANKS in May alone. If I want to save up any money at all, it's just not feasible.

All week I've been cranky short, restless and sad. Worried. Exhausted.

Part of my exhaustion stems from the amount of work I'm actually doing at work now. I'm the accounts receivable coordinator, yes, so I handle collections, payments, data entry, etc. However, lately my boss has been bringing me payments for our biggest account, which I suppose I could take as a compliment on my job performance...or he's just tired of doing it himself. On Wednesday he brought me everythinggg for one of our more difficult accounts and said, "Yea, I haven't had time to deal with this... Can you sort it out and get everything taken care of? Thanks." Neat-o.

I also asked our CFO for more work so I'll have a reason to work overtime (god, the adult world sucks so bad) and bam, now I'm taking care of a bunch of HR business. New hire paperwork, benefits registry, employment verification, drug screenings... The works. I feel like the stack of papers on my desk is consistently growing higher and higher, and I can't seem to make a dent.

Work is tiring, sure, but it's become physically and mentally exhausting. I'm here early every morning, I work through lunch, and I stay late. I need rest.

Of course, me sitting here typing this up when I've got payments right in front of me that absolutely have to get applied this morning isn't helping. I know. But I needed just a minuted to download, to release some of my ever-growing tension and perhaps gain a little perspective. It's just work. It's just payments and benefits and emails and Excel spreadsheets and Friday transfers. It'll be okay.

Plus, it's Friday and I leave for Austin right after work. There's something to certainly be grateful for. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...