Tuesday, April 6, 2010

well, there's just so much to be grateful for

Work just about killed me today.

I wasn't sure I could make it all eight hours without doing something drastic. It's like invoicing got
even more tedious over night. Ugh. I absolutely hate the days I'm unable to focus (like today). Not only do they make me feel like a terrible employee, but I end up falling behind which just makes me hate it even more. It's a vicious circle.

Thank goodness I have Tiffany and Hannah, the only two other women who work in my office. They are 34-years old and best friends; they even graduated from high school together! Precious. Tiffany has two great kids, Carlie and Logan, while Hannah is eagerly awaiting the arrival of her first, Ethan Cole, due any day now. Hannah has been out over a week already on bed rest and, I have to say, I'm missing her more than I thought I would. But Tiffany is great and Hannah being gone has given us more time to get to know one another. I had so much fun during our lunch break yesterday, just chatting. I don't know what it is, but
I feel like I can tell her anything. And I like that she gets that this is obviously not the kind of work I want to do, haha.

I guess what I'm saying is that if I have to work in an industry I know nothing about doing a job completely unrelated to my skills and interests, at least I have
sweet people around me. :)

In other concluding news, I just accidentally took a three and a half hour nap. Totally going to sleep well tonight now...
not. Ha.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...