Monday, April 5, 2010

top notch

All in all, I'd have to say the Deep Ellum Arts Festival this weekend was a lot of fun! I wasn't sure what to expect, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves so I'm happy. :) We took Clark along on Saturday and I kind of wish we hadn't... I love her, but she's a huge distraction. I spent most of our time being stressed that she was going to jump on someone. But actually she was really well-behaved so I was basically stressing myself out for no reason. Ha.





Anyway, there were silly bands, food food food, tons of people & their dogs, and art absolutely everywhere. Beautiful. I'm a huge fan of public art. This was also my first time in Deep Ellum. I have no idea why it's taken me so long to get down there, but I absolutely loved it. It would be incredible to live down there, drug and gang problems aside. I loved just wandering through the festival up and down Main and then crossing over to Commerce for drinks at Angry Dog & The Twisted Root. It was simple but wonderful.

More than anything it felt good to just be out with friends,
enjoying the sunshine and taking pictures. I haven't really gone out in Dallas since I moved up here, so this festival and time with my friends was like a breath of fresh air. Thanks for playing, dear friends!

Now it's back to grind and I have a
ton to do today since I left a few hours early on Friday. Oops. Plus one of our VPs called me into his office this morning and wants to train me to do some things for him starting today. I'm really excited (and thrilled to know he's "been hearing great things" about me!) but possibly overwhelmed... Sometimes I can barely keep up with A/R!

Anyway, today I'm grateful for beautiful friends, giant 12 oz. cans of Red Bull, pink sunburned cheeks,
the nicest boy in the entire world, Deep Ellum, the promise of tomorrow, my iPod, and the blessed life I know I lead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...