Monday, June 28, 2010

a life full of mini-adventures

This evening I bought a gallon bucket of Solitude paint. But I mean, "Solitude" is just Valpor's nonsensical way of saying "periwinkle blue." What sillies.

Anyway, I just slathered some on one of my walls and I have to say, so far, I'm liking the effect. I plan on slathering all the walls tomorrow. The room I'm currently living (staying?) in is the room I had all through high school, after my family moved here when I was fifteen. It's small; I suppose I could say it's cozy if I was trying to be cute about it. But in actuality, it's just small. These days it's filled with guest room furniture since that's what it functioned as during the four and a half years I was away at college. Now that I'm once again occupying the space, I'm trying to find a balance between feeling at home while also still living out of boxes. I'm hesitant to get totally comfortable because I obviously want to be here for as little time as possible (no offense, dearest Mother & Father). However, it's been six months, and I'm getting a little tired of being surrounded by oil paintings and excessive amounts of silk plants.

So I'm finally getting around to what I've wanted to tackle since I was a sophomore in high school: painting the walls. I think it'll give me something to do and also help me to feel a little more ownership for the time being.

Plus, I love painting.

Wish me luck. :)



PS: The family reunion over the weekend was wonderful! Mitch's family was really sweet and I even won a couple rounds of dominoes. Whoop!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So... first time commenter, long time reader... I just wanted to say thanks for the good hair day. I guess I read a blog about not throwing away those blow-dryer attachments and this week, when I had to get a new blow-dryer, I followed your advice. A blog well-written, creative blog that made me have a good hair day? SOLD. Love it, keep up the good work! (and sorry this comment isn't relevant to this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...