Thursday, June 24, 2010

oh, and i'm on my way to believing

When I was young, I saw my daddy cry & curse at the wind
He broke his own heart
And I watched as he tried to reassemble it
And my mama swore that she would never let herself forget
That was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it doesn't exist


But, darling, you are the only exception
You are the only exception


Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul that love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways
To make it alone and keep a straight face
I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance
And up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness
'Cause none of it was ever worth the risk

Well, you are the only exception
You are the only exception


And I'm on my way to believing
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing
...


*Love and thanks to my dear friend Sarah for turning me onto this song today. And for playing it on repeat the entire way home. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...