Monday, December 27, 2010

for Christmas my grandmother decided to dress me like a pimp

My grandmother, God love her, has the strangest taste.

I should qualify that statement by saying that when it comes to dishes, home décor, and her own clothing, she has impeccable taste. Really just fantastic. But because we (she and I) are such different people, the things she chooses to buy me are often...iffy.

Or in this case, pimp-like.

Shudder.

A few hours before everyone was supposed to arrive at our house for Christmas Eve festivities, my grandmother swung by to drop off all her gifts (because they were already in her car and she just couldn't bear the thought of leaving them in her trunk unsupervised). Sweetheart, I found the most fabulous outfit the other day. I thought you could wear it to a New Years Eve party!, she gushed.

Now, I was wary because I know her penchant for purchasing interesting items, but really, I wasn't prepared for the reality of the situation.

I'll just kiss my dignity goodbye and show you this:


HOLY SHIT, GRANDMA.


I.

Look.

So.

Fat.

Also, I'm planning on stoning my mother later for making me pose this way. That angle does not work for my body. Wtf.


In case you're having a hard time taking your eyes off the ensemble as a whole, let me break it down for you. This fashion-forward look can be yours by stopping at your local Dillard's and purchasing:

one silky black top
one black COMPLETELY SEQUINED Tuxedo jacket
one black fur "bomber jacket"
one pair gray-black JEGGINGS
one jaunty black cabbie-style cap, complete with black sequined band & bow


My mom said I looked like a hooker. I really felt more like a sassy gay cab driver, possibly native to Reno. Mitch said he still loved me, so he's obviously a keeper, although the next thing he said was could he please also try on the jeggings?

Mitch had just come from the ballet, where he was starring in Peter Pan. Also, check out those sexy tennis-toned legs. Meowww.


Marry me.


You see, my grandmother had bought two pairs, being unsure what size I wore.

This was clearly the perfect opportunity for Mitch and I dress like a lesbian couple.


Merry Christmas!


We showed my grandmother these pictures later. She apologized and took the clothes back. Thanks, Grandma.

23 comments:

Kristina said...

hahahaha omg this is awesome.

wishful nals said...

oh my goodness, i love this! yes to grandmothers.

Betty said...

Stopping by from Mingle Monday! Love all the jegging photos...your grandma must be quite the fashion-forward lady! :)

Alex said...

hahahahaahhahah this was even funnier the second time. Seriously, my mom is asking what I'm laughing at in here.

danielle @ take heart said...

hahahhaha

Alida Sharp said...

oh. my. goodness. You had me in tears!

I just found your blog and am your newest follower :-)

joy & blessings,
Alida from Blackpurl's Knitpickings

Unknown said...

Thank you for making me laugh today. And it's good to see one holiday post that isn't exclusively about pretty decorations and wishing people Merry Christmas (i.e. one with actual substance).

Thanks for sharing your embarrassment. I like you, and so you have a new follower now :)

xoxo,
Joelle

P.S. I'm here from Meg's Mingle Monday.

And P.P.S. You're grandma is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, y'all, thanks for all the sweet and funny comments! Glad I could make a few someones laugh - best feeling ever!

And PS: my grandmother IS awesome. Hahaha. :)

Simply Valorie said...

hahahaha. Oh my gosh. Best pictures ever ever ever.

Also, yes, I think you look like a sassy gay cabby. And I'm glad you and your boyfriend can happily dress up as a lesbian couple together -- it definitely works for y'all. ;) haha.

Liesl said...

This post cracked me up...what a fun blog you have!

Liesl :)

CarrieJo said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!

The other day my Mom told me she bought me a new pair of "pants" and she was soooo excited because they were only $1.00!! Turns out they are fake denim Jeggings....haaa so not flattering!!!

Found your blog on Love is Home! I am now following! Oh and check out my background as well...we both must have good taste! :)

CarrieJo said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!

The other day my Mom told me she bought me a new pair of "pants" and she was soooo excited because they were only $1.00!! Turns out they are fake denim Jeggings....haaa so not flattering!!!

Found your blog on Love is Home! I am now following! Oh and check out my background as well...we both must have good taste! :)

Brittney S. said...

Hello from Mingle Monday. :)
This is too funny! hahahaha. Looking forward to more posts from you.

Mckenzie Jean said...

Hahah, well, lucky you!
I feel your pain.
My sweet dad (with truly the best of intentions) had me for secret santa last year. He marched right over to forever 21, asked a sales lady what she thought I would like, and she directed him towards a sleeveless white vest, that stops right around my belly button, and is covered with the fur of a polar bear. A polar bear that chooses to crimp his fur. It really was....somthin'.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your new present ; )

Jen said...

Jeggings - love it!

I caved and bought a pair to wear with my riding boots, my husband told me look like I was tween with issues...I promptly returned them!

Apparently at 29, jeggings are not in style...oh well!

Following from Mingle Monday!

Cheers!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

heeheelarious!
Love your family, life should be full of FUN & quirkiness~
xo*

thobeka said...

We need to be friends! Love this & love your grandmother - in a non creepy stalker way :)

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Seriously hilarious! At least the gifts made for good photos :)

Adele said...

hahaha your grandma is hilarious! can i borrow her for holidays? (; hope u had a fantastic christmas! here's to an equally fun new year (: xo

Anna said...

So funny! Grandmothers rock!:). Stopping by from mingle Monday!

Nancy said...

Hi - Your post was funny! It made me smile! Thanks for stopping by on Mingle Monday! Have a Happy New Year!

Nancy with
http://www.myurbancorner.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Update: my mother read this over the phone to my grandma who says she never realized she was destined to become a star on my blog, haha. Thanks for the comments, everyone! :)

TriGirl said...

i hadn't seen this before. you guys rawk! (how could you let your grandma take the clothes back???)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...