Thursday, December 23, 2010

i'm alive, i swear

I feel so out of touch with the real world.

And by the real world I, of course, mean the internet.

My parents, Mitch and I just got back last night from a family hunting trip out in Hickville, USA (aka. West Texas) where there is absolutely no cell phone service. Also, coincidentally, there was absolutely no hunting for me as I prefer to read and nap. Hunters, hunt your hearts out. Just leave me out of it.

But isn't this a great look for Mitch?

I promise that in real life he looks much hotter. And less like Elmer Fudd.


Anyway, since Christmas Eve is tomorrow (tomorrow!!) I'm spending this evening quietly enjoying a homemade facial mask and tons of free foodstuffs from my Neiman Marcus assistant buyer friend, Eileen (who, in case you couldn't tell, has the coolest job ever).

Happy almost Christmas! Enjoy this picture of my two (TWO!) puppies, please & thanks. And no, it never makes me feel pathetic to talk about my dogs as much as I do. It's fine.

Hello, we're the Townsend-Baker dogs and we're pretty damn adorable.




Oh, and PS: just to be totally anticlimactic, my big "secret" of last week was that my two very dear friends Kelsey and Harrison got engaged this past Saturday. I was overly excited to find out a week before Harry proposed and despeartely wanted to tell the world; however, I am pleased to say I was able to keep it to myself. Look at me, I'm growing up. Anyway, congratulations, Kelsey and Harrison! I can think of no two people more deserving of true love and happiness. :)

4 comments:

Laura Darling said...

I think that look is very fashion-forward! Ha! My boyfriend hunts too, and he asked me to go with him over Thanksgiving. I didn't want to go because first of all, he gets up between 4:30 and 5 and in my opinion, there is really no acceptable reason to be awake at that hour. But he really wanted me to experience it, so I said sure, if I could bring a book.

I didn't end up going.

Ha!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

There really is no reason to ever be up that soon before the sun, I agree. You're a better girlfriend than I, though -- I slept blissfully through the early morning alarms, haha.

Mitch keeps asking what it'll take for me to get up in a deer blind with him, to which my (joking?) response is, "an engagement ring."

I kid, of course. Even then I probably won't do it. :)

Merry Christmas to you too, Laura!!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

haha...you're always so heeheelarious andrea!
I'm sure he is hotter in person!!

Merry Christmas to you & your family~

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, Lenore, your comment just made my Christmas. :) Merry Christmas to you and yours, as well!

PS: Stalking your blog as I write this...no shame, haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...