Sunday, May 15, 2011

doneskies

He did it, y’all.

Five years and countless beers later, Mitch finally walked across that stage, shook hands with the dean, and graduated (diploma to be mailed at a later date…LAME). The ceremony was long and I guarantee there’s not a slower speaker to be found than the man who gave the commencement address this past Saturday. Kuykendall arrived early, three shotguns in and ready to do the damn thing (typical). Hogan, Mario and Trevor came still rocking the night before’s duds (typical). I was cranky because I was running late (atypical). The coliseum was a madhouse of family, friends and various other loved ones, and if there’s one thing I hate, it’s fighting my way through a crowd. By the time the last empty diploma tube had been handed out and the last hand shook, the alma mater sung and the caps tossed, everyone was ready to get the hell outta dodge.

But I couldn’t be more proud.

The new best picture of us because I can actually stand myself in it. I'm going to be cramming this down everyone's throats.

It’s true that I had a couple selfish, ridiculous reasons for being excited about Mitch graduating (ie. our age difference is now less creepy and I can stop saying my boyfriend is in college while feeling like a pedophile...holla!), but honestly I’m just happy for him and beyond impressed by everything he’s accomplished. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, you’ll never meet a harder worker than Mitch Baker. There’s never been a doubt in my mind that he’d finish school or anything like that, but regardless, Saturday was one of the most special days I’ve ever been a part of. And I’m just so thrilled. :)

Congratulations to Mitch and all the other spring graduates! You did it!

Forneytown. And Tommy.

5 comments:

Laura Darling said...

Woo! So exciting! Matt graduated last weekend and I too am thrilled that I will never again have to say..."Oh, my boyfriend? He's...still in college."

Matt's graduation was outside, and it just so happened that there were HUGE storms that day, so his was squeezed in between the storms and was literally 45 minutes. That's some sweet graduation luck.

Lovely picture! Congrats Mitch!!

Jenna said...

Congrats to Mitch! - That is a huge accomplishment!

Hope you spend the weekend celebrating :)

xoxo
Jenna

Hannah Lesley said...

1. Congrats Mitch!

2. Yes. Bridesmaids is HILARIOUS. You should see it...like right now.

3. Thank you for saying I'm sweet...there are probably a few people here who would disagree...but whatevs:) I will be working on my top 10 list soon...scout's honor!

Heather said...

How exciting! Congrats!

SGRMSE. said...

congratulations to mitch on graduating!!! :D :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...