Wednesday, May 11, 2011

one through honorable mention

Welp, my sweet friend Heather over at Blonde Undercover Blonde tagged me in her 10 Favorite Things post, which was just so thoughtful of her. :) And so here ten of my favorite things:


1. The World Adult Kickball Association (WAKA) and my incredibly fun kickball team, the Bad Decision Bears.
This gets a huge shout-out since we finally had our first game last night and, okay, we lost, but it was a blast! I'm so excited for the season to really get underway and to spend even more time with my new friends & teammates. Also, flip cup and karaoke follow games (which are every Tuesday night)... Yes, please!

Hangover Wednesdays on the other hand? No, thank you. Ugh.

Christina, Kelsey and I show off our little teeny bear ears with pride.


2. New planners
I have a not-so-secret love for all things organizational, especially planners. I buy a new one every eight months or so simply because I get excited and CANNOT HELP MYSELF OH MY GOD LOOK HOW CLEAN AND NEAT THE PAGES ARE!!!!!! See what I mean? I bought myself a new one this past Sunday and relish in slowly writing in my plans. It makes me feel so orderly and in control.

Wow, that wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Please keep reading my blog.


3. Naps
If I could nap every single day (guilt-free), I absolutely would. Why? Because my bed is one of my favorite places in the world. It's soft, cozy and full of pillows just the way I like it. Laying in bed, drifting off to sleep in the afternoontime is relaxation at its finest.


4. Live music
The past two summers Mitch and I had made it a point to go to a lot of live shows and we were loving it. However, somehow in 2011 that has falled to the wayside and, well, we are not fans of that. We finally went to our first concert in nine months a few weeks ago, on a Wednesday night in Deep Ellum. We saw Freelance Whales play in such a sweet, intimate setting and we were in heaven, pure & simple.

I'm not going to shut up about Freelance Whales until everyone loves them as much as I do.


Sidenote: Driving out on a Wednesday night to see a band we both love made us more anxious than ever to get jobs and move out to Dallas for real. As we walked down Lamar to our parked cars, we daydreamed about what it would be like one day when we live just down the street and, for that matter, can drive home together without having to say goodbye. Ever. And then Mitch peed on a tree next to my car.

End sidenote.


5. Taco Bueno party burritos.
The flame has been reignited, y'all, and I am once again helpless to my addiction.


6. Rainy days
Mostly I love rainstorms and cloudy days because they give me an excuse to do nothing. Plus, they go great with Favorite Thing #3.

Double plus that when it rains in Grapevine, my backyard looks like this.



7. Mitchell Stanley
Besides being my boyfriend and, thus, an automatic favorite, Mitchell Stanley is pretty much the bee's knees. He's funny, adorable, and kind enough to jog four feet in front of me for over half of Warrior Dash because I refused to run anymore and was totally being a puss about everything, but when I pouted and yelled JUST LEAVE ME OKAY I'M HOLDING YOU BACK GOSH WHATEVER, he just kept slowly trotting along and told me, "Nope, no man left behind." Thanks, dude. :)

Nothing says love and respect like a backdrop of day-glo orange port-o-potties. Romantic.


8. My homies. 'Nough said.


9. This blog.
More specifically, having the freedom and platform to say what I want to say is one of my favorite things, without a doubt. And while at times it may feel overwhelming, I'm so lucky to have a place that's mine and people who give enough shits to read my words. Wow. How amazing is that?


10. Clark & Pete
You knew these were coming. I would be a terrible owner if they didn't make it onto every single Favorite Things list I ever make. And while Pete has moved on from my underwear to the crotches of my Nike running shorts, I try to love him. It goes without saying that Clark is as perfect as always. :)

Whatta bastard.


Honorable Mention: summer, mix CDs, nostalgia, disposable cameras, my mom's chicken & rice casserole, and 4 Lokos.
Seriously, one time Mitch and I ate an entire double batch of my mom's chicken & rice casserole and we were sick for two days. Gluttony, anyone?

Also, yes, 4 Lokos.

And I am of course referencing the original recipe.

Thanks so much, Heather, for thinking of me when you posted! It was fun to do the same. And in keeping with the pattern, I would like to tag the following to share with us ten of their favorite things:


Joelle of Where We Love Is Home (because she is my most honest friend)

Jennie of Well, Shut The Front Door! (because she is my funniest friend)

Hannah of heart to heart (because she is my sweetest friend)


Hugs, kisses and rainbows to everyone. And hey, it's almost Thursday which means it's almost Friday which means it's almost SATURDAY MORNING AT 9:30AM WHICH MEANS IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR MITCH TO GRADUATE.

Hell.

Yes.

No apologies for the all-caps. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohmygosh thank you for the shoutout (and the compliment...honesty is a good thing, right?). I love your list, by the way. I'm with you on the whole planners thing...I probably buy one every six months too. I usually stop using mine because I make some random mistake in it (or if I don't like the color coordination I choose...yes, I'm strange. I know). I'm also with you on the naps, rainy days, live music, your blog, and your dogs, because I think they are hilarious. Since I haven't met the bf, I can't really comment on that one :/

And kickball? While I can appreciate it for making others look like complete fools (this does not apply to you, of course), I tend to run far, far away from anything that involves athleticism of any kind...because I would be the one to make a fool of myself from trying to kick (and missing) the ball...don't believe me? I'm speaking from personal experience...

Thanks again for the tag friend! I'm making my list now, though I doubt it will be half as hilarious as yours is. I can't wait to post it later :)

xoxoxoxo,
Joelle

Anonymous said...

Friend, if it makes you feel any better:

a. I get new planners for the exact same reason! I hate crossing stuff out or changing what I've written. Ugh. Also, color coordination? STORY OF MY LIFE. :)

b. At our first game, the one time it was my turn to kick, I kicked the ball STRAIGHT into the arms of the guy manning first base. I'm a real athlete, I tell ya.

c. I NEEEEEED to come out to Cali so that you CAN meet the boyfriend (and for that matter, ME!). And then we can meet Robert! And we'll all have met each other! That would just be the best.

Can't wait for your list! :)

Heather said...

I love this post. So much. I don't even know where to start.

Okay.

1. He peed on a tree...hahaha That is awesome. My hubby would totally do that too.

2. Porta potties totally are romantic. So underrated too.

3. I don't know who Freelance Whales are. Don't hate me?

Alex said...

HELL YES TO YOUNGER GINGER BOYFRIENDS GRADUATING!!!

Amy said...

I'm a fellow planner-whore. I approve! :)

Unknown said...

Woot Woot! I'm writing a post for tomorrow! Thanks for the VERY NICE compliment!

Also, the fact that you're playing competitive kickball is almost too much for me to handle ;). Almost.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...