Thursday, May 20, 2010

superhuman

You know how I always talk about how terribly overwhelmed and exhausted I am by work? Because my degree was in creative writing and yet I've somehow found myself working as an accountant? For a trucking company? Well, things just got so much better.

I do two jobs now.

All by my lonesome.

It started last Friday when our CFO called me into his office and proceeded to tell me what a great job I was doing. Awesome! He said I'd really proved myself and that everyone was happy with my work, so as a reward, they were going to give me a (very) small raise and would like to also make me the Benefits Coordinator. Again, awesome! When our HR Director left on maternity leave two months ago, Brian (our CFO) had asked me to help out with some benefits work, and I happily agreed. No problem! Piece of cake! I can do this shit in my sleep! And so when he told me I'd be the new Benefits Coordinator permanently and that I was already basically doing 80% of the job anyway, I thought, "Wow, this is great. Yay for me! I rock!"

No.

No no no no no no no no nooooooooooooooo.

I was doing 80% of the job before? EIGHTY? Hmmm...more like 10%, it turns out. I'm so completely stressed and overwhelmed I could scream. My favorite part is that our CFO didn't bother to tell my boss that, "oh hey, Andrea has TWO jobs here now," so my boss is still inreasing my workload in AR.

W.

T.

F.

To sum up: I do the work of two full-time employees but still make next to nothing. Fab.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...