Wednesday, April 20, 2011

for morgan

Today Morgan, Mitch's baby sister, turns 18 and is one step closer to graduating, moving away to college and becoming an independent adult.

Yikes.

Djohariah by Sufjan Stevens


I've mentioned Morgan (and our tumultuous relationship) a few times before, although I think it's been many months since I've said anything about her at all. That would probably be because, long story short, we had a falling out around Christmas (isn't it cute how the holidays bring out the very best in everyone?) and things have been tense ever since. It's unfortunate and, okay, I haven't exactly taken the high road every minute of every day. So sue me.

All the same, it's a big day and it felt silly (wrong, even) not to acknowledge such a milestone in Morgan's life.

So, today (and this post!) is for you, Morgan. You're 18 now and practically all-grown up, eagerly anticipating August and your big move to San Marcos. I'm so proud of how you've excelled in school, how hard you've worked at tennis, and how fiercely you love your family. We, you and I, may have gotten off to a rocky start two years ago and, yes, we may have had more downs than ups between us, but I'm happy to know you. I'm happy to be listed as your sister on Facebook. And I'm happy to love you.

Happy birthday. :)


PS: I know it's 4/20 and all, but no getting into the ganja today, okay? But it's my birthday! will get you no where with the police. Trust me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So...

you posted at 4:20 as well...

STONER! *points*

I KNEW there was a reason we see things eye-to-red-rimmed-eye...bahaha! ;)

Heather said...

Awww...how sweet! Such a good sister in law!

Anonymous said...

♥ Oh.. Nice post.)) Love your blog.)) ♥

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Ha! I love the closing statement!

Happy birthday to her! This is so nice of you to post, shows how much you care about her despite everything :)

Anonymous said...

Good actions ennoble us and we are the sons of our own deeds.

Unknown said...

I feel like Morgan turning 18 should have received bigger fan fare than it did.... I'm sure Mitch is relieved though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...