Friday, April 29, 2011

like a charm

Okay.

So.

This may or may not be a little weird, but I'm having a love affair with my skin care routine as of late and I wanted to give the products a little shout out. Ever since college I've dealt with mild adult-onset acne (WHY, GOD, WHY) -- not too horrible, but definitely enough to not only be annoying but slightly embarrassing. Yikes. Anyway, I had resigned myself to the fact that this was just how things were going to be since it seemed like no matter what cleansers or scrubs or masks I tried, the acne kept on keepin' on. Until. The clouds parted. And I was drawn to Ulta for an impromptu spend-fest using money I so didn't have, but, oh man, it turned out to be so worth it.

Presenting the keys to your adult-acne blues:


Burt's Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub
I've been using this every night before I go to bed just to kind of get the wear-and-tear from the day off my face, and not only does it smell lovely & feel really cleansing, it WORKS. I'm telling you. Continuing in my theme of falling in love with inanimate objects, my new deep pore scrub and I have something very serious going on. And I like it.



Formula 10.0.6 Best Face Forward Daily Foaming Cleanser
(with passionfruit + green tea)
This is what I use every morning right when I wake up to begin getting myself ready for the day ahead. It's phenomenal. Super smooth and gentle, it feels wonderful on my skin and leaves my face feeling ridiculously refreshed, ie. it's an excellent way to start my morning. Mmmmmmm yes, please.




Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Oil-Free Moisturizer
(with aloe vera + bamboo*)
And finally, the pièce de résistance, this miracle-worker is without a doubt the greatest moisturizer I have ever used in my entire life. Seriously. There are almost no words to describe how incredible it is. See, not only do I have the pleasure of dealing with acne at the young, hip age of 24, but I also have naturally oily skin. Meaning that by early afternoon my face is all shiny and feels sticky (god, I'm attractive). I've tried all kinds of oil-free moisturizers before but this is the only one that's the real deal. I put it on in the mornings after washing my face with Best Face Forward and my skin is clean, silky smooth (I'm not even kidding, it feels wonderfulllllll), and shine-free all the way until I go to bed. IS THIS REAL LIFE?!


Y'all, I know how borderline creepy this was, but I so don't even care. This has legitimately changed the look & feel of my face and eliminated not only 98% of my acne, but also given me buckets of confidence. Let's face it, having to apply concealer constantly in your early-20s makes you feel almost as big of a loser as living with your parents does (but not quite).

The point is if you're looking for something to spice up your skin care treatment, I highly recommend Formula 10.0.6's line. Likewise Burt's Bees has always been a favorite of mine (I love their conditioner and, of course, chapstick), and their deep pore scrub is worth the eight bucks. Trust me.

Oh, and you're totally welcome.



*Bamboo in a moisturizer? What the hell? I had no idea bamboo and faces were BFFs. Huh. The more you know.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I love Burt's Bees! I've never tried their cleansers before. I'll have to try it out!

TriGirl said...

LOVE the Burt's Bees scrub :D

Alex said...

You have inspired me. My skin is being cray cray lately...both oily AND dry!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Umm. I didn't even think about me having ADULT acne until this post. Thanks for the wake up call as well as the tips. You know I'll be trying these products so we can conquer our faces together <3

CarrieJo said...

hum i will have to try some of this! :)

Amy said...

do they sell this stuff in stores?? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...