Wednesday, April 6, 2011

irritation station
(alternative title: my blog is so ugly that i feel annoyed just looking at it)

Okay.

So.

I'm super irritated as of late, friends, because I feel like I have so many things going on that I would like to write about...

But.

This here blog of mine?

It's hideous.

That's an extreme statement, sure, but I'm prone to those, so it's whatev. The point is I'm mega-over the look of my website, so much so that I dread dealing with it. Isn't that just downright silly? I think so, too. Luckily I have a wonderful friend who's fantastic at designing quality shit (shout out, Trevor!) who has agreed to help me with some changes. We have a little friend date set up for next Friday and I'm obnoxiously excited.

Fingers crossed for a new & improved blog in the next couple weeks! :)

In the meantime, I'll try to keep writing. I need to keep writing. That's what writers are supposed to do, right? And first and foremost, this is a place where I do just that: write. It's entertaining. It's cathartic.

It's freeing.

Of course there's the added bonus of feeling connected to other people all over the globe and having the opportunity to meet wonderful people who begin to feel like friends, but I hope this, for me, never becomes about recognition. Of any kind.

That's a struggle, though, isn't it?

Maybe that's just me.

Coolio.

Hopefully I'll put my irritations on hold long enough to actually flex the ol' writing muscles for longer than a few minutes this week. I can't wait to talk about what a beauty & a badass my friend Kelsey is, the night spent out with friends at Grapevine's somewhat famous biker bar (complete with class-act townies, oh yes), and the kickball team I just joined/helped organize (our first game is April 26th!).

There's a lot happening and the world's moving fast...sometimes I get so overwhelmed and whisked away in it all that I forget to stop, breathe, and write. And believe it or not, I need to do all three in order to not only survive, but really live.

Happy Wednesday (evening!), y'all. We're halfway to the weekend. :)

6 comments:

Hannah Lesley said...

Can your design friend help me next? I have major design envy when I'm searching the blogosphere.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to see the new design! Let me know if you need help with anything :)

And I absolutely know what you mean about needing to write to survive...it's almost a therapy in itself! I really hope that you keep posting while waiting for your little bloggy facelift, and for long after too, of course! You are definitely one of my favorite blogs to read, and you always bring a little laughter to my exceedingly boring days at work...

Thanks so much for being such a fabulous blogger and friend!

xoxoxo,
Joelle

TriGirl said...

I'm excited for you! I haven't looked at your blog for as long as you have, so i kinda like it. But change is good! btw, do you know that i gave you the stylish blogger award about a week ago??

Strugglecity said...

I love new blog designs! I keep meaning to do mine over, but then I get frustrated or lazy and quit.
Have fun with it!

Just Effi. said...

Ha i realy like your blog! but then i have just started following you so maybe im just not as used to it as u are! looking forward to seeing you change it tho too. And yes i NEED to write on a daily bases or I get frustrated for some reason! E x

danielle @ take heart said...

woot woot! can't wait to see the new design :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...