Sunday, April 17, 2011

hummingbirds

What's that?

Oh, THIS? It's just my new blog design. No big deal.

Lies. It's a very big deal. To me, at least. And I have to say, I'm a bit in love, if it's even possible to be in love with things like hummingbird backgrounds and Google directory fonts. Trevor is a magician, no? When we had our friend-date/hey-I-need-blog-design-help date on Friday night, the only specifics I brought to him were that I wanted my page to look clean and user-friendly. Vague. I know. But we spent a few hours trolling the internets together and trying out this and then testing out that until we (ahem, he) created the beautiful masterpiece you see before you.

And like I said, I'm quite smitten.

In case you're wondering about the hummingbirds, we chose them because while trying to think of a picture or pattern or what-have-you that best "represented" me, I confided to Trev that if I could be any animal, I would be a hummingbird. Why? Because they're flighty (in a good way, right?) and energetic and cheerful. Well, I've always thought of them as cheerful, anyway, and the point is that hummingbirds are darling and funny and they make me strangely happy.

And there you have it.

Hummingbirds.

Or, me in bird form. Same diff.

I hope y'all like it as much as I do! You'll also notice I added several new pages to the top, so feel free to peruse those at your leisure. They're terribly and not at all important. Although one does feature a picture of Mitch wearing a rain poncho and that always makes me laugh.

Later I'm hoping to write up a recap of a little thing called Warrior Dash in which I participated today, but until then I'll leave you with this picture:

I know you're distracted by the fact that I appear to not be wearing pants, but seriously, check out this dude's helmet.


Hope everyone had a happy weekend! Let's BTHO this week. A-whoop!

13 comments:

Laura Darling said...

I AM IN LOVE. This is gorgeous!!! I perused all of your tabs and everything is indeed user friendly. Also, I sent you a follow request on twitter because I saw that your current tweet involves TPain and you probably don't know that Kiss Kiss was MY THEME SONG junior year of college. I was and still am in love with it. And him.

I love the hummingbirds. Too cute. And Mitch is looking swell in that poncho. Please tell me it's in regular rotation in his wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

Laura, stop it right now, you're making me blush and bounce around all excitedly-like. KISS KISS IS THE GREATEST SONG IN THE HISTORY OF SONGS and was also, of course, MY theme song during junior year of college! Are we just once again confirming that we're soulmates? YUP.

So glad you like it! This made me smile. And so excited to now be Twitterfriends! :)

Unknown said...

This is freaking fantastic! I love love love it! The background is absolutely adorable, and it really is so you!

And thank you so so much for the sweet shout out on your faves list! You are wonderful :)

Hope you had an amazing weekend my dear!

xoxoxoxo,
Joelle

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Oh my goodness I love it!

True*Lu said...

Also another reason to love hummingbirds?? They only eat sugar!! ;) Your blog looks great! I hate messing around with that stuff--amazing how time consuming it can all be!

Alex said...

Love!! Your descriptions of your homies made me giggle at work.

Heather said...

I facebook stalked your warrior dash photos earlier today (you can call me a creeper) and it looked like SO much fun! I'm so jealous!

Heather said...

OH! And I LOVE the design!!

Sandra said...

Yeah, where are you pants? But yes, buddy with the antlers kind of overshadows your pantlessness.
I don't know what your old blog design looked like, but this one is very eye catching and so pretty!

TriGirl said...

So pretty! Oh, and I totally saw a hummingbird in my yard over the weekend :)

I have one itty bitty complaint: I just love the photo of you that was always in your header and I miss it! I'm going to look through your tabs just to see if you moved it.

But otherwise, Love :D

TriGirl said...

Ok, the picture is gone but the other ones are awesome! And, I'm so honoured to be on your blogger page!! Thanks Andrea!!! (I think i've used up my exclamation point quota for the evening.)

Sara Louise said...

I'm really liking the hummingbirds :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, everyone! Y'all are the sweetest! :)

And Julie, I KNOW. I like that picture to. What was I thinking removing to completely? I guess I'll have to go back and find a spot for it somewhere, haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...