Tuesday, November 16, 2010

fingers crossed

As much as I didn't want to leave my warm (and ridiculously) comfortable bed or disturb the eighty-pound dog sleeping to my left, I did.

People, I'm off to follow a lead.

Over the past eight days, several leads have come my way, either about actual job openings or simply substitute teaching. Now, even if these don't pan out, it feels exciting to have prospects again! The most recent tip came last night when a friend called me about a teaching job that's opened up in her school. It's a charter school in Dallas, so not too far away from Grapevine, and it would obviously be more money than I'm making now. Plus, experience! Duh! I applied online right away and emailed the school directly, but because that's clearly not enough, I'm venturing out this morning to drop by the campus myself. Hello! Please give me a job!

I admit I'm not great at marketing myself (it just feels so awkward and annoying), but I know that's my only option at this point. Groan. I can't stand (what I feel to be) hounding people. My mom says (gah, how middle school am I?) the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so I suppose I'll have to houn, er, squeak away.

Wish me luck?

1 comment:

Alex said...

GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...