Wednesday, November 24, 2010

thankful

Two of my best friends and I at the A&M v. t.u. game last year, Thanksgiving Day


In keeping with the spirit of Thanksgiving, I wanted to list some things I'm thankful for (and effectively copy ninety-nine percent of the other bloggers in existence).


This year I'm thankful for...
  • parents that drive me absolutely out of my mind (but who I love all the same)
  • an incredible aunt and uncle
  • fantastic cousins that feel like brothers and sisters
  • the most wonderful dog in the world
  • a pretty nifty boyfriend
  • my hometown
  • sweet friends, near and far
  • having an interview this coming Saturday :)
  • Taco Bueno party burritos
  • sweater-weather
  • the Bakers (and their reluctant love & acceptance, ha)
  • Dallas, TX
  • the power of forgiveness and the promise of future


  • my cousin Hunter and I, Thanksgiving 2009


    I'll be spending the first part of Thanksgiving day with Mitch and his extended family, then we'll trek back to Grapevine for dessert and AGGIE FOOTBALL with mine.

    Too be frank, I'm not a huge Thanksgiving fan. Don't get me wrong: I'm all for being thankful. But my family seems to be one that gets, ahem, unbearably stressed during the holidays, so it in turn make Thanksgiving more of a day to get through than a day to enjoy (sorry, Mom). Regardless, bring on the turkey, mashed potatoes and apple pie*!


    my sweet cousin Braeden and I playing around last Thanksgiving -- isn't he the cutest?


    *Regrettably, I am a picky eater and these are the only Thanksgiving foods I like. I KNOW.

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...