Friday, November 5, 2010

what's my name? (not again)

i just really love this picture of us for some reason :)

...
hey, boy, i really wanna see
if you can go downtown with a girl like me
hey, boy, i really wanna be
with you 'cause you're just my type
oh nah nah nah nah
i need a boy to take it over,
looking for a guy to put in work
ohhhhhhhhhhh
ohhhhhhhhhhh

baby, you got me
and [there] ain't nowhere i'd [rather] be
than with your arms around me
back & forth you rock me
so i surrender to every word you whisper
every door you enter, i'll let you in

you're so amazing
you took the time to figure me out
that's why you take me way past the point of turning me on
you're about to break me
i swear, you've got me losing my mind :)


I love it when I hear a new song that hits me at just the right moment. I'm home alone this weekend and the quiet of this big house is already getting to me, so I left for a drive a few minutes ago. I just needed to get out, go somewhere, do something, even for just a second. Anyway, this (new?) song by Rihanna featuring Drake, What's My Name?, came on the radio and I fell in love. Something about it just moves me. Isn't that the most fantastic thing about music? It's ability to shake our core?

Mitch Baker, I hope you are having a great time hunting with my dad this weekend, but I miss you. Every day I love you more than I ever thought possible, and I feel so lucky to just know and be known by you. I know it's silly to think of you while jamming to Rihanna and Drake, but what can I say? I think about you all the time.

Happy Friday and happy weekend! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...