Monday, November 8, 2010

weekend.

Is it really Monday already?

I fully expected this weekend to dull me to tears, but it ended up flying by! Gotta love that. Saturday night my friend Kelsey and I ended up having an impromptu slumber party at my house, complete with my dog, Clark Kent, and her too-cute-for-words puppy, Hazel. Needless to say, Clark and Hazel are totes besties and played for hours, which made us very happy. I haven't had a slumber party in I don't even know how long, so it was fun to have some girl time with my sweet friend complete with Mad Dog (Kelsey's first MD 20/20 experience, holla!), Now & Then, and silly wedding talk, obvi.

The next day, Hazel was hungover from all the wrestling fun, as evidenced by this picture Kelsey texted to me:


Tuckered the hell out.


Oh, and Mitch shot a deer (while off hunting with our dads). Yay!

I have worked very hard to be proud of this, ie. not cry for the deer. And, yes, Mitch looks stylin' with his athletic shorts and mountain man beard.


On Sunday I ended up driving out to Forney for Mitch's little sister Morgan's senior pictures (basically this was a female-filled weekend). Morgan is 17, graduating in May (and then heading off to Texas State!), and a bit of a brat, but I love her. Mary (Mitch's mom) and I spent four hours following Morgan and the photographer around, making funny (me) and encouraging (Mary) comments. It was really fun for me to play assistant during the shoot since, duh, that's what I do for a living (I use the phrase "for a living" loosely). I'm excellent at fixing bangs, bra straps, and necklace clasps. Go me.

Fedora. I actually really like this one.


Wowww, WORK IT, Morgan.


As I've already said on Facebook, you are straight thuggin' in that mink.


Morgan is beautiful, no?


I vote she uses these for her grad announcements (for obvious reasons, haaa).


I know I've mentioned before Morgan and I's tentative BFFship, but I think it's safe to say we've once again shared a bonding experience. To commemorate the occasion (and make her feel uncomfortable), I bought us matching necklaces. HA. Mine has the letter M stamped on it, and Morgan's has the letter A. We were cute and wore them all yesterday evening. :) She loves it. I hope.

Annnnnd because I'm not very good at concluding blog posts...I'll just say everyone have a great week! :)

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Okay, that deer is gross!! I'm afraid I'm going to be taking a similar picture to that when Brett gets back from hunting after next weekend.

Anonymous said...

Gruesome, right? Ughhhhhh I hate it but feel like I should be proud, so... You know. Ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...