Monday, February 7, 2011

for kelsey

Y'all, today is Kelsey's not-21st birthday. Holla.

Kelsey, me and Harrison after an Ol' Ags crush party, spring 2009 and proof that I've third-wheeled with them for what feels like forever
(note: It's true -- I even third-wheeled it into their surprise engagement party this past December. EMBARRASSING.)

I've mentioned her several times via this blog as she is one of my very closest friends. You may recall her as the girl I spend my Jerzdays with. We met through her now fiancé, Harrison, back when they first started dating in the fall of 2008. I was dating one of Harrison's good friends at the time and, as a result, we all spent quite a bit of time together. Even after Harrison's friend and I split, the friendships between myself and the friends I had met through that relationship continued on, and for that I am extremely grateful.

Santa's Wonderland, Christmas 2008

We've known each other for years now, but the past year in particular has brought us closer together than we ever were in college. Being that we both live in Dallas, Kelsey and I (and Harrison, too -- we just can't seem to get ride of that guy) began spending more time together, whether it be couples' game night, going away for a weekend at Lake Granbury, sitting with me while I got my tattoo, scouting an 80s cover band, or simply spending every Thursday together watching the Jerz.

Jersey Shore party, September 2010
(Note: Kelsey made those awesome glasses I'm rocking)

In December, Kelsey and Harrison got engaged, by the way, and I'm entirely too interested in their wedding planning, maybe even more so than Harry. C'mon, August 11, 2012!

And Kelsey, seriously...if you can convince Harrison to let you have an adult flower girl...you know I'm all over that shit. Just sayin'.

Finally.

You know, moving back home after graduation last December was something I really dreaded, especially since all of my friends had moved to Austin. However, Kelsey living nearby and having the opportunity to deepen our friendship has been one of my greatest joys. She's smart, fun, beautiful, and damn crafts-y (seriously, she can make anything out of anything, it's ridic). I look forward to Thurdsays every week and I think she'd agree that we're both pretty blessed by the bromance going on between our boys. :)

So today (and this post!) is for you, Kelsey. I wouldn't have made it through my first year back in Dallas without you, your love and support. Happy birthday and I love you!

They are a very attractive couple.

7 comments:

AbbieBabble said...

This is so lovely. Happy Birthday, Kelsey!

TriGirl said...

Not to be 'third-wheeling' on your homage post, but I just have to say I love the pictures you posted: you look incredibly happy, especially in those HAWT glasses...are you supposed to be Snookie?? Awesome :)

megan said...

I love that you had a Jersey Shore party. And happy birthday Kelsey!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw how sweet! Happy birthday to Kelsey!!

CarrieJo said...

ahahaaa what are those glasses you are wearing?!?! love it!

Laura Darling said...

I have been such a blog slacker lately so I caught up on your posts today and LAUGHED ALOUD at every one. Seriously. The subsitute teaching one? Hilarious.

You friend seems great...I hope she had a great birthday. And I'm not surprised that you're more into the wedding planning than the groom, since you went as a trio to their engagement party. Bet that's a funny story!

Anonymous said...

<3 THIS! And you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...