Sunday, March 20, 2011

currently

Currently I'm listening to Freelance Whales' Generator ^ First Floor and marveling at how lovely their sound is.

I highly recommend their entire album Weathervanes.



Currently I'm reading How English Works: A Linguistic Introduction by Anne Curzan & Michael P. Adams and marveling at the beauty of our language.

Nerd alert.



Currently I'm watching The Break-Up on USA and marveling at it's upsetting relevance.

Brooke (Jennifer Aniston): I just don't know how we got here. Our entire relationship, I have gone above and beyond for you, for us. I've cooked. I've picked your shit up off the floor. I've laid your clothes out for you like you're a four year old. I support you. I supported you, your work. If we ever had dinner or anything, I did the plans. I take care of everything. And I just don't feel like you appreciate any of it. I don't feel you appreciate me. All I want is to know, is for you to show me that you care.

3 comments:

Cat said...

I watched the Break Up today, and it made me very sad. And I can't believe you're reading our linguistics textbook. I love you for that.

Anonymous said...

DUDE. Can I just tell you that I actually lent our textbook to a friend a couple years ago and when I didn't get it back, I hunted it down at a Half Price Books and BOUGHT IT AGAIN.

Worth every penny. :)

Cat said...

It's a damn good book! And you're hardcore to hunt that book down for another go 'round.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...