Monday, March 21, 2011

or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness

I like to be real so I'll say it hasn't been a great past several days. And I have a ton of hard ones ahead of me as it stands right now. Sometimes people need breaks. Sometimes people need break-ups.

Gah, I hate adult problems.

But once upon a time, years ago, Mitch and I were tipsy and he played Ray LaMontagne's Hold You In My Arms on his iPod. We wore headphones. We slow danced. And swaying back & forth in the dark, I knew we were falling in love.

We're still in love.

But people change. People struggle. People regress. And like I said, sometimes people need breaks, need break-ups.

I hope for a brighter tomorrow, and I know that with God people can progress. People don't have to struggle. And people change, but in a great way. It may be hard to see the good through the grief, but here's to trusting God with my life, love, and happiness.

In the meantime I can be found on my couch, eating an entire bag of mini Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies.

13 comments:

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are having a hard time.

As Ray also said, "And may no man's weight ever defrayed your soul
And as for the clouds
Just let them roll
Roll away"

...I know we don't know each other, but from what I know from your blog, you are an amazing girl who deserves all the happiness in the world! I hope that you find this happiness, whether it be with him or on your own. xoxo!

Laura Darling said...

Well this just makes me really sad. I sure hope that the gray days between now and your bright tomorrows pass quickly.

TriGirl said...

Oh man. Some days life just sucks. Hopefully you can find some great friends to help you through...and of course your bloggy friends are here for you too!! Here's a great big virtual hug to you! (((andrea)))

Hannah Lesley said...

I feel like this is semi awkward seeing as I don't actually "know" you in the face to face sense, but...

I'm sorry.

The blogosphere is here for you.


xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks, girls. Y'all are too sweet. Sorry if I'm mega awkward for having posted this, haha. Anyway, I really appreciate the support and well wishes. Prayers and virtual hugs are also adored. :)

thobeka said...

hugs to you babe! the past 2months have felt like this post for me (with good days inbetween) so i can relate and this too shall pass! :)

xo

AbbieBabble said...

Oh honey. I'm so sorry you're going through a rough patch right now. Here's to better days ahead.

Kristina said...

This makes me sad :( You should eat your cookies outside. It looks like it's absolutely beautiful weather there this week...Warmth and sunny skies in March make everything a little better! I'll be thinking about you.

Alex said...

So sorry :( I hope things start looking up for you. In the mean time, don't you dare feel guilty about those bags of mini Chips Ahoy. In fact, eat whatever the hell you want all day errrry day!! :)

CarrieJo said...

hang in there lady! :)

Unknown said...

Bummer dude, :(

Holla at me if you want some home-made cookies. You KNOW that I gots the good stuff...

Anonymous said...

Seriously, y'all, thanks so much for reaching out and being encouraging. I can't you how much it's touched me. I'm grateful for each of you. :)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Amen to that Andrea!
warm cookies & milk sometimes do help, yes?
Feel better soon I hope!

xo*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...