Thursday, January 13, 2011

can't stop, won't stop: january

Presenting the first can't stop/won't stop of 2011, y'all: songs I can't and won't stop listening to on repeat as of late. Holla!

...

there i was again tonight
forcing laughter, faking smiles
same ol' tired lonely place

walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and
vacancy vanished when i saw your face
all i can say is it was enchanting to meet you

I remember the first time I ever saw Mitch. It was at a party in Nacogdoches; I was visiting an old friend for the weekend, sitting around someone's coffee table when he walked in. He was wearing a long-sleeved, oatmeal-colored shirt and faded jeans that were ripped up at the knees. I remember staring at him and his mesmerizing smile before immediately texting my friend across the room, Who is that guy? What can I say? I just had to know.

December 2008, the first night we met. YIKES.

And yes, it was a bit scandalous on my part since my boyfriend at the time was also at this party. Don't worry - nothing happened that night (or any night for that matter while I was still with said boyfriend, I swear), but that didn't stop me from being curious about the sweet boy at Jordan's party, the boy who made me laugh and asked me to play beer pong with him (against my aforementioned boyfriend...oops?).

your eyes whispered, have we met?
across the room your silhouette starts to make its way to me
the playful conversation starts,
counter all your quick remarks
like passing notes in secrecy
and it was enchanting to meet you
all i can say is i was enchanted to meet you

I realize the beginning sounds a bit sketch, and maybe it is, but every time Mitch walks into the room, I'm enchanted just as I was two years ago when he walked through that apartment door and unsuspectingly into my life. I love that we had no idea what would become of us when he innocently asked for my number. I love that there were too many times I blew him off, pushed him out of my mind as some silly boy with some silly crush on me, and all the while this was the future God had in store.

I love our story, totally & absolutely.

this night is [flawless]
don't you let it go
i'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
i'll spend forever wondering if you knew i was enchanted to meet you

...

7 comments:

Laura Darling said...

This is adorable.

And I too and obsessed with Yeah 3x.

Unknown said...

Um, I really do think we are supposed to be friends in real life.

What did I listen to yesterday in the car ride home? Dog Days are Over {Duh! My favorite song since like, August...I've seen Florence live twice now. *Amazing*}. And T. Swift is my bff. I mean, not really. But yeah...

Aaaaaaand you just commented on my post about the Florence Pandora station...too funny. Yes. I love it.

Kristina said...

Aw, I love y'alls story too! That's so sweet! Sadly, I don't remember the first time I saw Brett. I sat behind him every Tues/Thurs night in Calculus. Hated that class. lol

Anonymous said...

Joelle, I totally agree. :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

These are some great songs and such a sweet post too! You are totally awesome and adorable.

Sabina said...

That's a very nice story :)) You can read a tiny bit of the story of me and my boyfriend in the "About me" section in the sidebar... But I think you just inspired me to do an actual post about how Leo and I got together :)) I love these stories, nothing like love (not the romantic crap, but real devoted love, where the other makes you pee your pants laughing and shiver with one touch) to make me smile <3

Mandy said...

Sweet story! And I listened to "Enchanted" on the drive to work. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...