Monday, January 10, 2011

nutella rice krispy treats

On Saturday Mitch and I were looking for something fun (but mostly, easy) to do because sometimes we're boring and sometimes we like to be lazy on the weekends (and by we, I mean "I").

While catching up on some blog reading, I came across this recipe for Nutella Rice Krispy treats over at I Love You This Much by Sarah. I was like, ummmm, awesome, we must make these. And so we did. And ohhhhhh mannnnnnn.

You can see Sarah's original post here, but here's the recipe:

I promise we (mostly) resisted the urge to eat this straight out of the jar.


Recipe:
5 cups rice krispies cereal
1 jar marshmallow fluff
4 tbsp butter
1/2 cup nutella
1/2 cup peanut butter
6 oz chocolate chips

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Add the marshmallow fluff and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring to combine. Pour the marshmallow mixture into a large bowl with the rice krispies, and mix well. Press the mixture into a greased 9*13 baking dish, and let cool at room temperature.

In a double broiler, or heatproof bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, mix peanut butter, nutella and chocolate chips together, until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for about one minute, stirring so that the mixture doesn't harden.

Spread on top of rice krispies, and chill in the refrigerator for about one hour.


Holy crap, this was the easiest thing I've ever made in my life and I totally felt like a badass using a double broiler. Me! DOUBLE BROILING SOMETHING! And, okay, sure, I probably shouldn't be too proud of myself for simply melting chocolate and peanut butter in a pan... But, whatever, I totally am.

Pre-sitting in the fridge for an hour. I was excited, it's fine.


Finished product. Yummmm.


Oh, and Mitch helped.

Success. Also, have you ever seen another boy look this good in a backwards cap? Bet you haven't.



Make these now and eat them all in one sitting, y'all. No shame.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you SERIOUS?!? WHY oh WHY did you post this? Nutella and peanut butter MELTED TOGETHER On TOP of Rice Crispie squares? My mouth says "thanks" while my a-double-ess sighs. The Hubby's gonna be a BIG fan. :)

Anonymous said...

These look soooo yummy :)
I might have to try some of these. Thanks for posting!x

Unknown said...

I definitely saw this original recipe and knew I had to make them too...I haven't had a chance but I'm sure they are amazing!

Sarah said...

mmmm mine are a week and a half old now, this makes me want to make some more!!!

Sara Louise said...

I made Rice Krispie Treats this Christmas for all my French neighbors and I wish I would have seen this recipe before... I'm sure if I had made them Nutella Rice Krispie Treats they would have liked them much more! (French people LOVE Nutella)

Laura Darling said...

Those sound SO GOOD. I cannot think of a better food combo. Seriously. I am so trying this. And double boiling? I am impressed.

Unknown said...

Okay, so I made them last night and they're just as delicious as they look!! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

YAY JENNIE! Aren't they sooo good?! :)

danielle @ take heart said...

oh em gee. nutella. we were meant to be friends.

and you can so pull off that headband girl, who you kidding?! treat yourself to it! you won't be sorry :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...