Wednesday, January 26, 2011

you want your dog to become an addict, you know, like gamblers

This pearl of wisdom was shared with us by none other than Matthew Broderick, aka. our Matthew Broderick lookalike dog trainer. Same diff.

We had our third obedience class this past Monday and unfortunately it wasn't near as interesting as the first two times except for the fact that I spent the first ten minutes trying to take a picture of Mia with my iPhone. I was basically unsuccessful, which is weird because I wasn't trying to be subtle at all. Huh. Anyway, this is the best I could do:

So...basically just a picture of our trainer's ass. My bad.

Sidenote: Mitch has forbidden me to tell Scott (our trainer's actual name) that he looks like Matthew Broderick because Mitch is convinced he hears this all the time and I'll just annoy him. Okay, so that's probably true, but for some reason I feel like if I don't tell him, I'LL EXPLODE.

End sidenote.

So, class was whatev and the only semi-exciting thing that happened was when Charlie (one of the dogs) threw up for seemingly no reason. Mitch felt bad and was all, "Awwww, Charlie, are you okay?" and then whispered to me, I wish Charlie would've thrown up on that bitch Mia. Sweet, right?

For those not in the know, we hate Mia.

And just for gigs, here is a picture I took when we were supposed to be teaching Pete how to walk on a leash but did this instead:

That's probably not correct leash handling.


PS: In totally unrelated (but totally exciting) news, tomorrow I have my first substitute teaching orientation! HEY-OH! That's right, y'all, after over a year of applying to sub absolutely everywhere, I finally heard back from a district that's crazy enough to give me a shot. Subbing, at least. Am I thrilled it's all the way out in Forney and an hour away from home? God. No. But at this point, I'll take what I can get AND it means I get to stay the night at Mitch's tonight. Score. Keep y'all's fingers crossed that after I'm finally in the system I'll actually get called to sub! :)

9 comments:

Alex said...

1. Mia is a bitch
2. Pete is adorable
3. I want to see Matthew Broderick's face
4. Yay for your sub job!!

Heather said...

Lol! We did the petsmart training for our older dog. We only had one other dog in our group and our dog was definitely top of the class. Of course, the other dog was 4 months old, so the bar wasn't set very high.

jen said...

So, if I was anyone else I'd be completely ashamed of the fact I snorted when I laughed at the top photo...of some hot old dog trainer ass. But I'm me, so I'll overshare. It's fine. Really. I said it's fine!

Good luck tomorrow, hopefully you wont need it, but just in case (it might come in handy!).

jen said...

Ooooh, I knew there was something else! Tell Matthew Broderick..Scott...whatever...that he looks like Ryan Reynolds, that'll throw him off, you might also get bonus points in puppy training class.

Anonymous said...

Heather, hey, top of the class is TOP OF THE CLASS, regardless of how old some stupid "puppy" is. Psh. :)

And Jen, god, you are too awesome for words. I'm so going to do that at our next class! Haaaaaahahaha. I'm already so excited.

danielle @ take heart said...

go you!

TriGirl said...

Pete looks like an *expert* on the leash! The look on his face is priceless--Matthew Broderick must have been so proud :D

Andrea, I'm so excited for you to have gotten your foot in the door--that's always the hardest part! Good luck tomorrow :D

Laura Darling said...

With a picture like the one with Mitch and Pete and his leash...how could you not be top of the class? I mean, obviously. You should probably skip right to advanced training! I'm sure Matthew Broderick would agree.

Sara Louise said...

That photo of Pete is priceless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...