Friday, January 14, 2011

melancholia at its finest



Today is just one of those days.

You know the ones I'm talking about. The frustrating, dead-end days where everything seems fuzzy and clear at the same time, where your whole future flashes before your eyes and it's blank blank blank.

I've always been a big proponent of everything happens for a reason, a believer in fate and God's perfect timing and everything in between. But in the year since graduating, I've found it harder and harder to have faith that things work out the way they're supposed to. God's going to take care of me, right? That's what everyone says.

To be frank, I don't feel very taken care of and, yes, I'm aware of how ungrateful and selfish that sounds.

I'm sorry, y'all. I really am. I know I have so much and the majority of the world has so little. Not being employed is really nothing in comparison to contaminated water sources and going hungry for days, etc. And I know this is just me getting caught up in my own silly little world, but I'm indulging myself this afternoon. Sometimes you just have to give yourself permission to rest with your head in your hands. And wallow. And just be sad. So that's what I'm doing today. Womp womppp.

But, all the same, here's to Fridays, being home alone, sleeping puppy dogs, and tragically terrible sorority sister thrillers. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, it happens to the best of us. I've definitely been there before too...and this economy is just plain shitty to find a job {I was unemployed/underemployed/working as a temp for quite a while after I graduated}. I hope things get better for you soon!

xoxo,
Joelle

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joelle! :)

TriGirl said...

I say wallow Andrea! Throw that pity party in style! You'll feel so much better afterward, as opposed to keeping it just below the surface.

Of course there are people who are worse off, and there always will be, but that doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to be unhappy when things aren't going the way you want them to.

Hang in there :D

Julie

Anonymous said...

Julie, thanks so much! I've been feeling a bit better as the day has progressed, but your comment definitely perked me up. I'm so grateful for blog friends. :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Ugh. I was unemployed for 6 months last year. I feel you. I had days where I was okay and days where I felt kind of worthless. It's not fun.

Wallow. You're allowed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Krysten! I totally wallowed on Friday and it felt GOOD. No shame. And then I felt better, so I suppose it was actually productive. Thanks for the empathy and your comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...