Monday, January 24, 2011

that's what's up

Mitch Baker has a million jobs.

Of course there are the standards such as being a wonderful son, friend, boyfriend, etc, but on top of it all he’s also a dedicated student. Oh, and he coaches private tennis lessons because he’s awesome. Then last week he started another job as a math tutor in Dallas the three days a week he’s not already someone's private math tutor. And did I mention that TODAY he starts student teaching full-time?

Right. Now I may not be as smart as Mitch, but all these jobs + the number of available hours in a day… Something about that math just doesn’t add up.

HOW DOES HE DO IT?

It’s not that shocking, really. Me? I’ll admit I’m…lazy. Okay, I said it. Ouch. But Mitch is hands down the most ambitious, hardworking person you’ll ever meet. Isn’t that sexy? No, seriously, isn’t it? ‘Cause I think so. Back in the day when we were first hanging out, before I, you know, fell all in love with him and stuff, I remember telling everyone (ie. my parents, friends, strangers who had only politely asked if I was seeing someone, etc.) that I could easily marry Mitch Baker and have the happiest life ever because, dude, have you seen how hard he works? He would always take care of us and protect us and do whatever it took to provide for us. Damn. Then, of course, I did fall all in love with him and stuff, and the thought of marrying him got even more awesome. Who’d a thunk it?

HEY-OH!

So, today’s post is for you, Mitch. Your first day as Mr. Baker, Super Student Teacher Specializing in 7th Grade Math, has just begun and I know you’re more excited than you even realize. And yes, your schedule is going to be crazy over the next thirteen weeks as you tackle absolutely everything in front of you (with an ever-present smile and cheery attitude), but I just wanted to say I’m so proud of you.

To Mr. Baker!

PS: It’s weird to say that and not think of your dad slash your dad’s mustache. Hey, remember that time you told me your dad was a cowboy? And how sad I was when I finally met him and he DIDN’T have a handlebar mustache and WASN’T wearing chaps?

10 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, I'm exhausted just reading all of his job descriptions!

Sounds like you have a good catch!

Stevie said...

Fantastic! This world needs as many awesome teachers as possible. Good luck to him!

Stopping by from Mingle Monday

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw he sounds like a great guy, and you're a great girl, so that's where the math adds up girl!

Again, thanks so much for the puppy support. It means SO much to me :D How's yours doing?!

Anonymous said...

wow! He sound like such an awesome man :) This is such a lovely post!x

Nikki Jo said...

Hard working boys are the best!! Especially since he is going to be a teacher (Math no less) it really says how he loves to help people. I am new to your blog, stopping over from Mingle Monday, is Mitch your boyfriend?

Anonymous said...

Nikki, yes, Mitch is my boyfriend, haha. And he's a pretty cool dude. Thanks SO much for stopping by! :)

PS: I may or may be checking our your blog as I type this... Okay, I totally am, I admit it. Haha.

Sara Louise said...

Being ambitious and hard working is totally sexy! :-)

jen said...

Phew! I'm glad that's over (in an entirely non-how-it-sounds-rude-way). I'm off to take a nap and balance the world out - when people are so extraordinarily busy and ambitious, there has to be an equally lazy person elsewhere in the world. Today, I will take on that challenge!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. Hahahaha. :)

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

This is sweet :)
A good man is hard to find...especially one with a beard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...